Executive Director Needed!
Updated: Jun 5
Are you interested in helping our seniors stay active? We're hiring for the position of Executive Director. For 21 years our mission has been to promote the health and fitness of anyone 50 and better by offering fun, casual competitions. We're looking for a leader to continue to help seniors enjoy fun and productive lives. See all the details below.
The Executive Director has overall operations responsibility for MSG programs, expansion, and execution of the mission. The bulk of the hours are from January through April, but there are some additional hours needed throughout the year to continue to build the organization, prep for potential fall events, and prep for the following year.
· Leadership and Management – Actively represent, engage, and energize MSG volunteers, event directors, city officials and the general public.
· Finance – Manage day to day finance, including payable expenses, registrations and other deposits. Seek community support through sponsorships.
· Communication and Marketing – Promote MSG activities and programs through web posts, newsletters, press releases, social media, advertisements, and other available channels.
· Program Planning and Operations – Support volunteer event directors, manage inventory, process registrations, and prepare documentation for monthly board meetings.
· Reports to the Board of Directors and keeps them updated on all happenings of Mesquite Senior Games.
· Sports knowledge would be beneficial for this position.
· Ability to multi-task, achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Grant writing /application experience recommended.
· Passion, action-oriented, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
· Experience with Wix is a bonus.
This is a paid, part-time position. A resume with a cover letter or inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.